How to Replace black ink cartridge HP Officejet Pro 8600
It is easy to know how to replace black ink cartridge HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 with our step-by-step DIY instructions even if you are not a pro. First thing is, you should make sure that your cartridge is fully empty before replacing it. Second, you may find that both cartridges will not get emptied at the same time. So before planning for a replacement, check the ink levels in both your cartridges by performing test prints.
Steps to Remove the Cartridge from the Printer
In order to remove an empty cartridge from the 8600 printers (123.hp.com/setup), you will have to first remove the existing one. This is how you should do it.
- First, switch on your printer and make sure it has a paper in the paper tray
- There is a cartridge access door on the front side which should then be opened
- Wait until the cartridge comes to the center after moving from the side
- Once the movement has stopped, press down and remove the cartridge that is empty
Finally, the old one is out. Now it is left to you whether you want to refill and use the same cartridge by refilling it (which is cost-effective) or buy a newer one (in most cases a little expensive).
Steps to Install a Cartridge into the Printer
You will do these steps to accomplish the how to replace black ink cartridge HP Officejet Pro 8600
If you have bought a new cartridge, then make sure you remove all protective packaging (a plastic tape with an orange tab) before installing it into your printer. Or you will not be able to print anything with your new cartridge. Now that the cartridge is clean of all packaging, let’s have a look at the steps to put it into your printer.
- Assuming that you have the cartridge access door still open, begin to insert the cartridge
- With the copper side facing back, insert the cartridge into its specified slot with a gentle push
- The left slot is for the tri-color cartridge and the right one corresponds to the black cartridge
- You will hear a small snapping sound once the cartridge is in its right place
- Replace the black cartridge in your printer
You have now successfully learned how to replace black ink cartridge HP OfficeJet Pro 8600.Make sure you do not touch the copper side of the cartridge at any point of time because if you do so, you are sure to have issues such as ink failure, ink clogs or at the least some bad electrical connections. So handle it with care and handle it only by touching the sides.
For difficulties with the cartridge, replacements call our backend team to learn how to replace black ink cartridge HP OfficeJet Pro 8600. Call our toll-free number at 1-888-597-9290 or chat with our assistant at 123hpcomoj4650.com