HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 Troubleshooting Tips
The HP OJ Pro 8710 all-in-one printer series can print, scan, copy and even fax at unbelievable speeds. Not only that, it provides quick two-sided printing accomplished through the ADF. This Instant Ink Ready printer works with high-yield cartridges to save on ink and printing costs. Printer troubles are rare because ideally these appliances are a long-term investment. But in case you run into any trouble, here are some HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 troubleshooting modules that you can easily follow to fix your problem.
Using genuine cartridges
If you see an ink supply problem or in general an ink system failure, chances are your refill cartridges are not genuine. In such a case, it is best to check the quality of the product that you have used. The cartridges used for your Pro model purchased in the United States are:
- Black ink cartridgeHP 952 Black, HP 952XL Black and HP 956XL Black
- Cyan ink cartridgeHP 952 Cyan, and HP 952XL Cyan
- Magenta ink cartridgeHP 952 Magenta, and HP 952XL Magenta
- Yellow ink cartridgeHP 952 Yellow, and HP 952XL Yellow
The moment you install genuine ink cartridges, the issue should be resolved.
- Generally, printer resets have the capability of resolving all kinds of printing problems including the HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 troubleshooting
- Go to the rear of the printer to disconnect the power cord when the printer is still on
- Wait for about 60 seconds after you have unplugged it from the wall outlet
- Then reconnect everything and check
Ink cartridges reseating
Another thing, which also works for any ink system or supply failure is, reseating your cartridges. The printer usually recognizes this as a fresh action and recalibrates itself, resulting in the resolution of the error. Observe if the carriages move to the center through the open the cartridge access door. Then remove them, wait for some time and place them back.
Cleaning the ink cartridges
It is important that you maintain the printer by periodically cleaning the contacts. When you see an error message where ink supply to the printer has ceased then it is best to wipe off any dirt or grime.
- For this HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 troubleshooting process, it is also advised to use a lint-free cloth so that there are no fibers left behind.
- You can even dampen the cloth in distilled water.
- Ensure that you do not damage the copper contacts during cleansing
Automated print head cleaning
If the print head is clogged, then you have the provision of using an automated tool to clean it. Under ‘Setup’ and then ‘Printer Maintenance’ you will find the ‘Clean Print head’ option. Just click on ‘Continue’.
Scanner connections not working
If there is an error communicating with the scanning device:
- Then first, you may want to confirm if the issue is related to printing.
- Follow any guided solutions for your wireless connection
- Thereafter, restart all your devices
- Check the scan driver settings under ‘Manage Scan to computer’ in Windows