HP Officejet 6800 Offline Error
The HP Officejet 6800 offline error is one of the most common faults and yet one of the easiest to resolve. The offline error message appears if your Printer is unable to communicate with the Computer (123.hp.com/oj4650). Sometimes the Printer goes offline without any sudden warning.
To resolve the error:
Start Downloading the HP print and scan Doctor Tool
- For users with Windows 8 or Windows 10 operating system, the HP prints and scan DoctorTool checks the for any offline errors and fixes them automatically.
- OPEN THE HP PRINT AND SCAN DOCTOR TOOL > PROCEED WITH THE ONSCREEN PROMPTS> THE TOOL CHECKS AND FIXES THE HP OFFICEJET 6800 OFFLINE ERRORS.
CHECK THE PRINTER DRIVERS THAT ARE INSTALLED
- Default Printer drivers are already installed on your HP printer. You can check if the Printer drivers are changed.
- Try changing the Default Printer Driver settings to the Originally Installed Printer Driver and check if the error still Persists
- Always make sure that the exact Communication Port is chosen by the Driver
START PERFORMING A RESET FOR YOUR PRINTER
Resetting the Printer can resolve the HP Officejet 6800 offline error to some extent. Here is how you can reset your HP Officejet 6800 Printer
- The initial step is to turn on your Printer and then start removing the Power cord from the wall outlet. Wait for few seconds and then plug the power cord back to the wall outlet
- You can turn on the Printer by pressing the Power button. Always ensure that the printer is connected to the network and the Computer which you are using
CHECK THE WIRELESS NETWORK CONNECTION
Wireless Connectivity issues can cause the Printer offline errors
Switch on your Printer and then go to the Wireless Network Settings Menu and ensure that the light next to the wireless icon is ON
If you are using a wired Connection, check that the Ethernet Cable is connected properly to the Printer Ethernet Port. Also, ensure that the USB connection is secured with the security options available
- Search your windows for devices > choose the devices and printers > right-click the name of your printer > click on the printer properties > press the port tab > ensure that the port name or description is USB
- To check the network connection > ensure that the port name or description is network, WSD or hp standard TCP/IP port
Start following the above guidelines for resolving HP Officejet 6800 offline error. Also, dial the toll-free number +1-888-597-9290 or visit 123hpcomoj4650.com and the network team can assist you further.