Resolve Your HP Officejet 6500A Plus Printhead Problem
Clogged nozzles, using cheap cartridges instead of genuine ones, not connecting the printer properly, and incorrect installation of the cartridges are some of the predominant causes of the HP Officejet 6500A plus printhead problem.
To solve this issue, do the following steps:
Step 1: Remove the printhead, clean it and reinstall it
- Switch on the printer.
- Carefully lift the printer access door and open it to take the cartridge out.
- Remove the cartridge from the printer and place it on a paper with the cartridge ink opening facing upwards.
Note: do not leave the printer cartridge door and the ink cartridge outside and open for more than 30 minutes as it will damage both the printer and the cartridges (123.hp.com/oj4650).
- Lift up the latch handle inside the printer on the printer carriage until it stops.
- Remove the printer head and clean it.
Note: there are particularly three areas on the Printhead that has to be cleaned. You will have t clean the plastics surrounding the printer nozzle, the electrical contact on the printer cartridge and the edges where there are ink strains.
Note: do not touch the electrical contact with bare hands as it might damage the part leading to a HP Officejet 6500A plus printhead problem. Use only appropriate cleaning material to clean the electrical contacts. Be careful when cleaning and do not touch the nozzle part
- Before start the cleaning process, gather all the materials required.
- Clean lint-free cloth or paper for example the glass cleaning cloth.
- Distilled water or bottled water that has to be used to damp the cloths.
- Lightly wetthe cloth using the distilled water or bottled water and wipe the electrical contact area from down to up. Make sure you do to touch beyond the electrical contact area and the nozzle.
- Keep cleaning until you see new ink on the cloth.
- Use another damped cloth and wipe of other excess ink on the edges between the nozzles.
- Using a damp cloth carefully wipe the plastic portion of the printhead and the surrounding nozzle.
- Use a dry cloth and wipe the already wiped areas to dry it.
- On the electrical contact inside the printer wipe it with a lightly damped cloth carefully.
- Clean properly the entire printer head until no ink strains are found.
- Wipe the area dry so that there absolutely no wet areas found.
- But back the Printerhead carefully.
- Place the latch handle back.
- Put back the cartridge back into the empty slots until you have secured it carefully.
- After you complete the above steps, close the cartridge access door.
If the HP Officejet 6500A plus Printhead problem still persists then try replacing it. You can also contact us at +1-888-597-9290 for servicing your HP printer if your problem still persists. For more information about HP Officejet 6500A plus Printhead problem visit us at 123hpcomoj4650.com