HP Officejet 4650 Fax Setup
Have you just purchased a fax or a fax capable printer? We have an informative article on the HP Officejet 4650 fax setup which will be useful to you to proceed with your faxing requirements! Read on to know how you can successfully complete the HP Officejet 4650 fax setup!
There are few requirements which have to be completed before you even begin trying to set the fax!
- Get an active telephone landline
- Get the ink cartridges installed along with the white paper
- Keep the telephone cord and adapter ready
Follow this method to Set up your fax connection successfully
- The equipment and services that have been installed on your phone system actually decides the method to be used for your fax setup.
- Get the answering machine connected to the printer, and the printer connection to the phone jack.
- When HP printer is getting connected, try to get the phone devices from the phone jack.
- In case, the connections are not securely done, the fax tones will be recorded, but the faxes will not be properly received.
- In case, your answering machine does not come with a built-in phone, you can actually use a phone to be connected to the OUT port of the machine.
- Once the connections are set, navigate to the option FAX, and choose preferences.
- You need to set the rings to answer preferences clearly here. It pretty much depends on your choice. The same applies to the auto answer option.
- Always ensure that the Auto Answer is maintained to ON position.
- For returning back to the main panel, use the home icon.
- Always check on the send and receive settings, without which the faxes will not be promptly received.
Once the settings are done, choose a sample test to understand the efficiency of the setup.
- Get the Fax option done, and then touch the setup (123.hp.com/setup).
- Navigate to the Touch tools, and then use the Test Fax.
- Check on the status of the report.
- The report usually indicates the test result. If the indication has been that the printer has passed the test, but you still experience some issues, you can check the fax settings to ensure that they have been configured right. If you get a blank or incorrect fax message in spite of the positive test result, proceed to check the settings again.
- If the test result comes out negatively, you may need to work on the configuration settings again.