HP OfficeJet 3833 not Printing
This article on printer troubleshooting will be useful for you to solve your HP OfficeJet 3833 not printing issues. When your OfficeJet doesn’t print at print command, you need to check this article to understand how you can possibly troubleshoot the printer device when it fails to print.
This is a simple checklist of tips which may be useful to troubleshoot the printer issues. Call our tech experts who shall explain the reason of concern which is causing your printer to not work effectively.
- Note the status of the printer connection. If found offline, no print activity can be expected from such printers. This offline connection leads to disabling the print function.
- You can also try to complete the printer reset, before you check the status of the printer.
- By checking the status, find if the print jobs are just lined up.
- Alternatively, they may be set in a queue because the printer happens to be idle.
- Look into the wireless and wired connections and the configuration settings which has been used for your printer (123.hp.com/oj4650).
- Download this free tool called the HP scan tool, which is brilliant in diagnosing printer connections.
- The Scan Doctor is a free diagnostic tool which is available in the printer website to download.
- Check if the Scan Doctor is built-in with your printer model, if not, you can always download it from the HP website.
- This can even diagnose and rectify your HP OfficeJet 3833 not printing
- Once you have finished scanning, remove the old and existing version from the device. You can then uninstall the current version from the device menu.
- This can be done by right clicking on the device menu, which shall remove the version from the computer.
- Install the new software.