Overview of HP OfficeJet 4650 (123.hp.com/oj4650) printers – 123.hp.com/setup
- HP OfficeJet 4650 (123.hp.com/oj4650) are the best pick for workplace as it incorporates everything a professional printer should have and hence is useful in a startup or recognized organization.
- Connectivity methods like Wireless (802.11 b/g/n – 2.4 GHz), USB (Hi-speed 2.0 USB), Wi-Fi Direct and HP Smart app can be used to connect the printer on the internet which is very essential to utilize the web services.
- Mobile printing solutions like HP ePrint, Apple AirPrint, Mopria Certified, Google Cloud Print and HP Smart app are all compatible to make printing easier than ever.
- Other features like Fax, Duplexer, automatic document feeder adds value to the HP OfficeJet 4650 Printer (123.hp.com/setup)
To get help in setting up more printer models, please visit our 123.hp.com/setup site
The 123.hp.com/oj4650 Printer Features (123.hp.com/setup)
- 123.hp.com/oj4650 (123.hp.com setup) can perform all print, copy, scan and fax
- Automatic document feeder that enables duplex or two-sided printing
- Built-in Fax
- Borderless Photo printing
- HP OfficeJet 4650 (123.hp.com/setup) Printer also comes with Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct, the ability to print through the cloud
- Providing fast, high-quality photo printing
Unique Features of the HP OfficeJet 4650
The Printer comes with unique features that allow people with disabilities to use the device.
For the visually impaired:
Individuals with visual impairment or low vision can take advantage of the printer’s accessibility options. The assistive technology consists of Braille Readers, Voice-to-Text applications and Screen Readers. Color-blind individuals, the printer is equipped with colored tabs and buttons with simple labels, texts and icons that display the relevant action that has to be taken by the user.
For those who are mobility impaired:
For individuals who are not mobile, the printer allows keyboard-friendly functions and commands. The accessibility option provides ToggleKeys, StickyKeys, MouseKeys and FilterKeys, besides enabling users to operate all doors, buttons, paper trays etc., with limited strength.
HP OfficeJet 4650 Printer Specifications
- The 123.hp.com/oj4650 OJ printer (123.hp.com/setup) printer is designed with a sleek, black exterior that has a minimalist feel to it
- HP OfficeJet 4650 Printer is about 2.2 inches in size
- Fax transmission speed of about 4 sec per page
- Fax memory of up to 99 pages.
- It can speed dial 99 numbers and transmits at a resolution of 300 x 300 dpi.
- The input tray can hold up to about 100 sheets of paper
- InkJet Printing Method
- Compatible on Windows and Mac OS
- Digital touch screen
- HP OJ 4650 is Instant Ink ready
- The printer provides a monthly duty cycle of about 1200 pages
- Prints at a speed of 9.5 ppm in black, 6.8 ppm in color, 20 ppm in black draft and 16 ppm in color draft outputs.
- The printer is an inkjet model and comes with compatible ink types, which are dye-based and pigment-based
- This network-ready printer has a standard built-in Wi-Fi capability of 802.11b/g/n
- Additionally, the printer supports a variety of media sizes such as A4, A5, C6 and A6.
The First Time Unboxing of the OJ 4650 Printer
- Take all the contents of the box out
- To setup your printer, you can use the Start here guide and other documentation that comes along with the printer. The 123.hp.com oj 4650 printer uses the black and color no. 63 cartridges for printing
- Take the printer out gently by tilting the carton box. Always use a flat surface for unboxing the HP Printer
- Carefully remove the Styrofoam shields one at a time and slide the printer out of the plastic bag
- Remove all the packing materials from all sides of the printer, from the top, inside the scanner bed
- Remove the piece of cardboard by lifting the top cover
- After removing all the packing constraints, go to the back of the printer and insert the power cord
- Pressing the power button in the front should turn the printer on
- Allow the printer to initialize – this should let you choose the language and the date
Installation of the ink cartridges
- After powering on the printer (123.hp.com/oj4650), the front panel will prompt you to install the printer cartridges
- You have to open the top cover of the printer to access the cartridge area and place the cartridges into the carriage
- When you open the cartridge access area, the carriages will align themselves – to install the cartridges, take them out of their packaging and peel off the protective tape around them
- Set the color cartridge and black cartridge in their respective slots – you should be able to hear a snap – and close the lid and the top cover
- When you press ‘Ok’ on the control panel, you will be prompted to load paper into the input tray
- Close the input tray after loading a neat stack of regular-sized paper
- Once you touch ‘Done’ on the control panel, the printer will calibrate itself
- The alignment page that is printed will let the printer know the exact locations of the ink on the paper
- Scan the printed alignment page by placing it print side down on the scanner glass – use the markings on the printer as a guide to place the page
- Touch ‘Ok’ to scan the page – the printer will display an alignment successful message
HP OfficeJet 4650 USB Cable Printer Setup (123.hp.com/setup)
Turn on the printer to start the USB printer setup and acquire a USB cable. Make sure you connect the cable in USB port on the desktop. Using docking station or USB hub will certainly result in improper power supply.
- Once you have finished setting up the USB cable, download the driver by following the instructions given below.
- Visit 123 hp com to get the HP OfficeJet printerdriver for your Windows and don’t worry about choosing the right operating system as the web page will automatically detect your computer to provide an exact Windows OS.
You can either choose full feature software or select the basic driver and you will be prompted to choose the connection option during the software installation. Click on USB and finish up the printer setup.
The 123.hp.com/setup procedure is quite similar to the Windows setup, obtain a 3- meter long USB cable and connect it on your computer’s USB port.
- All you have to do is, use either HP Easy Start or navigate to other HP Printer supportpage where you can find the full feature driver for your system.
- Now pick HP Easy Start or the full feature driver and after the download is complete, open the executable file that is available in the desktop’s download folder.
- If your printer has scan ability, it is important to install the HP Easy Scan on your printer.
- Tag along with the directives that appear onscreen and finish the USB printer setup.
Manually connecting your printer to a wireless network
(using the Wireless Setup Wizard 123.hp.com/oj4650)
There are many different ways to connect your printer. To connect your printer manually to a wireless network using the ‘Wireless Setup Wizard’
HP OfficeJet 4650 Wireless Printer Setup (123.hp.com/setup)
HP wireless printer setup procedure in Windows is as same as the Mac. No matter what operating systems you are working with, you can make use of the below-given instructions to connect the printer on a wireless network.
- Check whether the router and computer are switched on, and connect it on the same wireless network.
- Gear up with the wireless network credentials such as the SSID (Service Set Identifier) and WPA security passphrase that is the wireless network password.
- Detach any USB or Ethernet cables on the printer before you move on the wireless configuration.
- Click the Wireless icon on the control panel and tap on the Wireless screen option. Click HP OfficeJet 4650
Wireless Setup Wizard and tag along with the onscreen prompts to hook up on the wireless network.
- Once you connect to the wireless network, it is vital to install the software driver from 123.hp.com/oj4650 website.
Installing the software and HP OfficeJet 4650 Driver
After connecting the printer on a wireless network, proceed with the software and HP OfficeJet 4650 driver installation by following the below-given directives.
- Go to 123.hp.com/oj4650 or HP support site to install a perfect driver that suits all your requirements.
- It is suggested to install the printer software from the support site as the web page will have various drivers types like full feature driver, basic driver, and HP Easy Start.
- Tap on the Download option to start with the driver installation on your computer. Once the download is complete, find whether it is available on your computer.
- Run the .exe file as an administrator and follow the prompts that appear on the screen.
Troubleshooting the HP OfficeJet 4650 printer
Common issues in HP OfficeJet 4650 printer.
- Printer Offline
- Printer not found
- Ink cartridge issue
- Printer Job stuck in the queue
- Printer not printing
If you come across any issues mentioned above, just make use of the HP OfficeJet 4650 troubleshooting tips given below.
HP Print and Scan Doctor
- HP Print and Scan Doctor is the only tool you can rely upon to troubleshoot your printer. Implement the HPPSdr.exe file on your desktop by installing the file from the hp.com/oj4650.
- Once the HP Print and Scan Doctor is setup on your desktop, launch by double-clicking on the icon.
- Tap Start to commence the tool usage and click Yes if you are prompted to update the device. You need to select the HP OfficeJet 4650printer as your default printer by tapping Yes.
Reinstall the printer software
- Initially detach the HP OfficeJet 4650USB cable and search for the HP Printer software folder available under the Programs and Features windows.
- Click Remove device to uninstall the printer software followed by restarting the desktop and reinstall the HP Printer
- Make use of the installation CD that was shipped along with your printer or go to the website hp.com/oj4650.
Other things to try
- Make use of the Wireless Direct Connection if you are not able to connect on a wireless network.
- Updating the printer firmware will definitely help you to obtain new features that are embedded in the recent software version.
How to connect with HP customer service?
Some issues in the HP OfficeJet 4650 printers can be resolved only by technical experts. Having a word with someone who has more knowledge and familiarity with the printer will definitely help to set things right.
Contact our customer support team who have hands-on experience in setting up the printer. Have trouble in printing, dial the toll-free number +1-888-597-9290 to acquire instant help from our HP Printer support expert team.
Frequently Asked Questions
Resetting is all about turning off the printer and detach the printer power cord from the printer. Switch off the desktop and hook up the power cord to the printer.
Try to turn on if it is not switching on automatically. If you have connected the printer on a wireless network, restart the router too. Hang around for a few seconds and connect the power cord to the router. You will get to view the router’s network activity light if it is active and tap on the Wireless button or wireless control panel icon to switch the wireless connection on or off.
To load photo paper, open the input tray door and pull out the extended paper tray. Slide the paper width guides outer and insert the photo paper inside the paper tray. While inserting the photo paper, you need to make sure that short edge forward and the print side down.
If your wireless printer is not printing, there might be connectivity or power issues. First of all, remove the connections such as network cables and power cables. Switch off the printer, computer, and router and restart them back in a few minutes.
HP OfficeJet pro 8740 printer The HP OfficeJet Pro 8740 printer is an all-in-one printer, which is well known for its added feature. This 123.hp.com/setup 8740 printer has the option to connect with your Alexa to [...]
HP OfficeJet 4650 ePrint setup Print from anywhere using a high-speed internet connection with the help of HP ePrint. All you have to do is, send the documents to printer's email address which will be printed [...]
HP Printer Prints Extra Blank Pages for Word Documents This HP Printer Prints Extra Blank Pages for Word Documents issue is definitely trouble some while printing important assignments or confidential documents at the last minute. Here are [...]